Investing in real estate is a booming business but if you do not have a good investment plan you will lose money instead of getting a good return on it. Having a business plan that is carefully designed will attract more investors, banks, and lenders. It makes you look professional and reliable. It may sound daunting when hearing the words “real estate investment plan” but it is really not. It is a written outline that basically evaluates your economic viability in the business venture that is based on a such an investment.
Some of the main elements that should be included in your real estate investment plan are:
• Executive summary-this is the area where you write what your long-term vision is and what the mission of your venture is along with providing the reader a brief introduction to your entire business plan, mentioning your start-up details and goals. You can even give some general information about your business.
• Background of your company-this section should cover the entire history of your company, its journey so far, and any people who are associated with the business. You also want to mention what type of ownership the company has, achievements, and something about the owners. If it is a new company you want to let them know how it was established and who inspired you to start the company.
• Business strategies and market research-in this section you should write about your target customers, real estate financing status, and target industry. You should also mention in detail the description of the real estate investing industry that you want to work with. You should also write about any business model you are planning to design or have already designed.
• Marketing plan-this section includes everything about how you are going to market your new adventure in detail including marketing and promoting strategies.
• Financial plan-you need to put in detail how you are going to start this new real estate adventure and where the money is coming from initially. You should also list the probable loss and profit you are expecting to have, the implantation strategies of all the projects, and sales projections.
• Management summary-in this final section you want to appeal and motivate the people to work with you in your new real estate investment plan. Let them know the goals you have set out are realistic and you have the strategies and manpower to reach them.